Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise inconsistent with the context the word “person” shall also mean corporation;
- “goods” shall include services.
- Words importing the singular number shall be deemed to include the plural and vice versa. Words importing the male gender shall be deemed to include the female and neuter gender and vice versa.
- “Universal Gaskets” shall mean Universal Gaskets Pty Ltd its successors and assigns.
2. Offer and Acceptance
Any quotation made by Universal Gaskets is not an offer to sell or to provide goods. Universal Gaskets shall not be bound by any order given in pursuance of any quotation until it is accepted in writing by Universal Gaskets or by the commencement of supply or the provision of goods. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all orders are subject to acceptance by Universal Gaskets within 30 days of receipt by Universal Gaskets of the order. These terms and conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated into any agreement between Universal Gaskets and the purchaser. Any terms and conditions contained in any order, offer, acceptance or other documents of the purchaser and all representations, statements, terms and conditions and warranties (whether implied by statute or otherwise) not embodied herein are expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Prices quoted are for the supply of goods only and not for technical data, proprietary rights of any kind, or patent rights.
Insofar as goods or services supplied by Universal Gaskets are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal domestic or household consumption, and unless the purchaser establishes that reliance on this provision would not be fair and reasonable, the liability for breach of a condition or warranty; implied into this contract by the Trade Practices Act 1974 (other than a condition implied by Section 69) is limited:
- in the case of goods to any one of the following as determined by;
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
- the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the costs of having the goods repaired;
- in the case of services to any one of the following as determined by;
- the supplying of the services again, or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Any date quoted for delivery is an estimate only unless a guarantee shall have been given by Universal Gaskets in writing. The purchaser shall accept and pay for goods if and when tendered notwithstanding any failure by Universal Gaskets to deliver by the quoted date. Written advice to the purchaser that goods are ready for delivery whether in whole or in part shall constitute tendering and the terms of payment shall apply.
Universal Gaskets shall not be liable to any purchaser or any other party for any loss or damage including direct or indirect or consequential injury loss or damage whatsoever by reason of any delay in delivery whether the same is due to the negligence of Universal Gaskets or any other party, actions constituting fundamental breach of contract, strike or any other industrial action, or any other cause whatsoever.
Universal Gaskets reserves the right to deliver in instalments and if delivery is made by instalments the purchaser shall not be entitled to terminate or cancel the contract.
Any quotation containing a provision to supply goods “ex stock” is subject to fulfilment of prior orders at the date of receipt of the purchaser’s order.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment terms are net cash 30 days from the end of the month in which the goods are invoiced to the purchaser.
This term as to the payment shall be of the essence of the contract.
In the event that the purchaser fails to make payment within the agreed trading terms then the purchaser shall pay for all goods in advance.
Notwithstanding the delivery of the goods or part thereof the goods remain the sole and absolute property of Universal Gaskets as full legal and equitable owner until such time as the purchaser shall have paid Universal Gaskets the full purchase price together with the full price of any other goods the subject of any other contract with universal Gaskets.
The Purchaser acknowledges that he receives possession of and holds goods delivered by Universal Gaskets solely as bailee for Universal Gaskets until such time as the full price thereof is paid to Universal Gaskets together with the full price of any other goods then the subject of any other contract with Universal Gaskets.
Until such time as the purchaser becomes the owner of the goods, he will;
- store them on the premises separately;
- ensure that the goods are kept in good and serviceable condition;
- secure the goods from risk, damage and theft; and
- keep the goods fully insured against such risks that are usual or common to insure against in a business of a similar nature to that of the purchaser.
- Until the goods are paid for in full, Universal Gaskets authorizes the purchaser to sell the goods as its agent. However, the purchaser shall not represent to any third parties that it is acting in any way for Universal Gaskets. Universal Gaskets will not be bound by any contracts with third parties to whom the purchaser is a party.
- Records shall be kept by the purchaser of any goods owned by Universal Gaskets.
- The proceeds of any sale of the goods shall be paid into a separate account and held in trust for Universal Gaskets. The purchaser shall account to Universal Gaskets from this fund for the full price of the goods.
- The purchaser is entitled to a period of credit, but if prior to the expiration of the period of credit the goods are sold and the proceeds of sale received the purchaser shall account forthwith to Universal Gaskets for the price of the goods.
Should the purchaser die, stop payment or call a meeting of its creditors or become insolvent or subject to the bankruptcy laws or being a company calls a meeting for the purpose of or to go into liquidation or has a winding-up petition presented against it or has a receiver or administrator appointed, Universal Gaskets may at its option notwithstanding its waiver of such default or failure and without prejudice to its other rights under this contract suspend or cancel this contract or require payment in cash before or on delivery or tender of goods or documents notwithstanding terms of payment previously specified or may repossess and take over the goods and dispose of the same in its own interest without prejudice to any claim it may have for damages for any loss resulting from such resale.
In the event that the purchaser uses the goods/product in some manufacturing or construction process of its own or some third party, then the purchaser shall hold such part of the proceeds of such manufacturing or construction process as relates to the goods/product in trust for Universal Gaskets. Such part shall be deemed to equal in dollar terms to the amount owing by the purchaser to Universal Gaskets at the time of the receipt of such proceeds.
If the purchaser does not pay for any goods on the due date then Universal Gaskets is hereby irrevocably authorized by the purchaser to enter the purchaser’s premises or any premises under the control of the purchaser as agent of the purchaser and use reasonable force to take possession of the goods without liability for the tort of trespass, negligence or payment of any compensation to the purchaser whatsoever.
On retaking possession of the goods Universal Gaskets may elect to refund to the purchaser any part payment that may have been made and to credit the purchaser’s account with the value of the goods less any charge for recovery of the goods, or to resell the goods.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, risk in the goods shall pass to the purchaser at the time when the goods have been placed on the vehicle which is to effect delivery from Universal Gaskets’ store or warehouse or delivery to the purchaser whichever is the sooner. The goods shall remain at the purchaser’s risk at all times unless and until Universal Gaskets retakes possession of the goods pursuant to these terms and conditions.
Subject to clause 2.2 herein, Universal Gaskets shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising whether direct indirect or consequential or in respect of any claim whenever and however made for any loss or damage deterioration deficiency or other fault or harm in the goods manufactured, work executed or services provided by or on behalf of or in any arrangement with Universal Gaskets or occasioned to the purchaser or any third or other party or to his or their property or interest and whether or not due to the negligence of Universal Gaskets its servants or agents.
As soon as any of the facts or matters which form any part of any claim or complaint whatsoever become known to the purchaser, the purchaser shall within fourteen days notify Universal Gaskets in writing of the same.
Universal Gaskets shall not be liable under any circumstances for any;
- defects or damages caused in whole or in part by misuse, abuse, neglect, electrical or other overloads, non-suitable lubricant, improper installation repair or alteration (other than by ) or accident.
- any transport freight charges installation removal labour or other costs;
- defects in goods not manufactured by it but will endeavour to pass on to the purchaser the benefit of any claim made by Universal Gaskets and accepted by the manufacturer of such goods under a warranty given by the manufacturer of such goods provided that nothing contained in this subparagraph shall limit the rights of the purchaser to proceed against Universal Gaskets pursuant to the Trade Practices Act 1974.
- technical advice or assistance given or rendered by it to the purchaser or not in connection with the manufacture construction or supply of goods for or to the purchaser provided always that Universal Gaskets has rendered such services with due care and skill and that any material supplied in connection with those services are reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied.
The exemptions, limitations, terms and conditions of these terms and conditions shall apply whether or not the loss or damage is caused by negligence or actions constituting a fundamental breach of contract.
No goods may be returned to Universal Gaskets without prior written authorization via a return material authorization (RMA). A restocking fee of 25% of the price shall be payable by the purchaser for all returns which relate to incorrectly ordered goods or order cancellations.
9. Force Majeure
If by reason of any fact, circumstance, matter or thing beyond the reasonable control of Universal Gaskets, Universal Gaskets is unable to perform in whole or in part any obligation under this agreement, Universal Gaskets shall be relieved of that obligation under this agreement to the extent and for the period that it is so unable to perform and shall not be liable to the purchaser in respect of such inability.
Upon the occurrence of default by the purchaser in compliance with these terms or any other agreement with Universal Gaskets;
- Universal Gaskets may at its discretion withhold further supplies of goods or cancel this agreement, or vary the terms of this agreement without prejudice to its rights hereunder PROVIDED HOWEVER that Universal Gaskets may at any time and from time to time upon such terms as it may determine to waive any of its rights under this Clause, but without prejudice to its rights thereafter of any of the events hereinbefore referred to or upon the continuation after any such waiver of any state of affairs the subject of such waiver.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy the purchaser shall indemnify Universal Gaskets against any costs’ fees charges and disbursements charged by any solicitor engaged for the purpose of the collection or recovery of moneys due and payable by the purchaser to Universal Gaskets on an indemnity basis and any fees, charges, disbursements or commissions charged by any mercantile agency or debt collecting firm provided by Universal Gaskets provides the purchases no less than 14 days notice prior to incurring any such costs.
- The purchaser shall pay to Universal Gaskets an administration fee of $50.00 on the occurrence of every event of default.
The Purchaser must pay to Universal Gaskets any amount which is payable by Universal Gaskets in respect of any supply to the Purchaser on account of GST. Each charge or fee for a supply rendered by Universal Gaskets does not include an amount to cover the liability of Universal Gaskets for GST on any supplies made under this agreement which are taxable supplies within the meaning of the GST Act. In relation to taxable supplies made under this agreement, Universal Gaskets agrees to issue the Purchaser with a tax invoice in accordance with the GST Act or a document satisfying the minimum information requirement set out in GSTR 2000/2003 to entitle a recipient of a taxable supply to claim an input tax credit without holding a tax invoice. “GST” means GST as defined in a New Tax System (Good and Services Tax Act 1999). “Supply” means supply as defined in a New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax Act 1999).
This clause applies if the Purchaser is a trustee and whether or not Universal Gaskets has notice of the Trust.
Where the Purchaser comprises two or more persons and any of those persons is a Trustee this clause applies to such Trustee.
The Purchaser agrees that even though the Purchaser enters into this Agreement as Trustee of the Trust, the Purchaser also shall be liable personally for the performance and observance of every covenant to be observed and performed by the Purchaser expressed or implied in this Agreement.
The Purchaser warrants its complete, valid and unfettered power to enter into this Agreement pursuant to the provisions of the Trust including power to obtain the credit facility from Universal Gaskets and to enter into the covenants to be observed and performed by them expressed or implied in this Agreement and warrants that its entry into this Agreement is in the due administration of the Trust.
The Purchaser covenants that the rights of indemnity which it may have against the property of the Trust have not been, and in the future will not be, excluded, modified, released, lost or diminished (whether by agreement, breach of trust or otherwise).
The Purchaser shall not, without Universal Gaskets’ prior written consent:
- resign or be removed as Trustee of the Trust or appoint or allow the appointment of a new or additional Trustee of the Trust;
- amend or revoke any of the terms of the Trust;
- vest or distribute the property of the Trust or advance or distribute any capital of the Trust to a beneficiary or resettle any of the property of the Trust;
- permit a beneficiary to have the use, occupation, employment or possession of the property of the Trust;
- do or permit or omit to do an act or thing in breach of the Trust or which would permit the Trustee to be removed as Trustee of the Trust;
- exercise or permit or allow to be exercised a power to change the vesting date of the Trust or provide for an early determination of the Trust;
- lend any money, give any guarantee or incur any debt other than in the ordinary course of business of the Trust; or
- pay any of the income of the Trust to any beneficiary of the Trust if such payment will prejudice or affect the Purchaser’s ability to pay all monies due to.
The parties agree that service of any notices, demands, proceedings, summons, suits or actions (process) upon the Purchaser may be affected by Universal Gaskets or its solicitors sending such process by prepaid post to the address given in the Credit Application as the address of the Purchaser. Service shall be deemed to have been effected two business days after the posting of the process.
The parties agree that the terms and conditions applying to any credit account opened in the name of the applicant and any other contract between Universal Gaskets and the purchaser shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales in force for the time being and from time to time, and the parties irrevocably submit generally and unconditionally to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales in respect of claims, proceedings and matters arising out of or in respect of the said credit account or any said contract.
All information and recommendations contained in this publication are to the best of our knowledge correct.
Since conditions of use are beyond our control users must satisfy themselves that products are suitable for the intended processes and uses. No warranty is given or implied in respect of information or recommendations or that any use of products will not infringe rights belonging to other parties.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting in any way from any reliance on this publication or from any goods manufactured by us. We reserve the right to change product design and properties without notice. Nothing in this clause excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which is conferred on you by the Trade Practices Act 1974 or any other consumer legislation.